Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Another emergency meal idea for midweek

Well, here we are at mid-week which seems to be the day that everything comes to a head, especially if you have kids...I feel your pain with three of my own. I was looking through our freezer last night looking for something quick for dinner and I noticed these really nice breaded whole muscle chicken patties.

Sometimes we may look in our freezer and dinner is looking us right in the face, we just don't recognize it among the crammed, frostbitten frenzy that used to be our freezer. So there I was starring down these chicken patties like a scene out of Tombstone, and I remembered a dish that I had made a long time ago in college. Chicken Parmesan (cheater style), which actually works really well with a quality product like a whole muscle chicken patty. You can use the cheap chewed and glued type but, honestly aren't we cheating enough already?

So, take the marinara sauce you have on hand, or if you need a good recipe look to my previous post. Pour a little sauce at the bottom of a baking dish, just enough for the patties to rest in, then place 1 slice of Provolone cheese on top of each patty and then cover with foil, so the cheese doesn't burn. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes until everything is hot.

Does dinner get any easier than that??



Peapod

No comments: