Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Quick Low Calorie Steak Pasta

Here is something I put together the other night, and of course I was pressed for time and was having trouble finding options for dinner.  I of course had about 4 cups of cooked pasta, so that was where I started.

Then in inspecting my refrigerator a bit closer I found:

1 Portobello mushroom
1 yellow squash
1 8oz Steak

So naturally I'm thinking pasta dish, which was exactly what I did.  So I cut the steak in half and cut thin strips out of both halves (which stretches your meat).  Then cut the squash in half and sliced it up, and the same with the portobello.  I sauteed the steak in a pan with fresh garlic, and the mushroom, then tossed in the squash to blend all the flavors.  Now before adding in the pasta, add some extra oil, some Italian   seasoning, and salt to taste.  Now add in the pasta and heat it all until hot, and enjoy.

The whole dish took me about 15 minutes total.

No comments: