Sunday, January 31, 2010

Ahi Tuna Salad with Mango Citrus Vinegrette

This is what happens when chefs get bored at home, we go in the kitchen and create. I was looking for something low calorie and healthy, but also wanted something different.

This is a great combination of flavors if you've never made a salad with hot seafood on top, you should definitely try it.

Tuna:

I rubbed this with a spicy Cajun rub and seared it on my griddle to "rare". Tuna should not be cooked all the way through, rare is the best way to appreciate the flavor and the texture.


Dressing:

This is where I applied my "practice what you preach", I've been telling people to look at items in your fridge with different eyes so this was it.

1 Cup V8 Fusion Mango Peach Juice
3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp Fresh chopped garlic
1 Tbsp fresh chopped cilantro
2 Tbsp sugar (you can add more or less depending on taste)
1/4 cup canola oil

Combine all the ingredients except the oil in a bowl, then slowly drizzle the oil in while whisking.

Now all you have to do is slice your nice piece of tuna and place it on your favorite salad blend, then drizzle with the dressing and enjoy!

No comments: